Monday, May 14, 2007

Speed bump ahead

You know, I was forewarned that when you are truly reaching that closeness with the lord and you really feel like your relationship has finally reached the pinnacle......BOOM! That's when the devil strikes.

Sure enough, his attacks have begun. They started on Saturday, just a general sense of ennui, and the feeling grew yesterday, and was fairly full blown today. It's just a sense of feeling like God has forgotten me a bit.

I've been praying about something in particular for at least the past month, possibly more. I have been devoting myself in prayer and fasting and I've waited for an answer from the Lord, and still nothing. No answer, no general sense of any kind. And I know that God's timing is never what ours is, but I've been faithful to this and I was hoping that He would see me through.

I know that He will. My head knows that He is still there, but my heart is feeling a wee bit left behind. And my attitude has gotten a bit stinky because of how I am feeling. That is OF COURSE straight from the devil. But, in spite of my feelings, I still know that He will answer me, I just need to WAIT!!

That is of course the ONE thing I don't want to do. I don't like to WAIT. I'm all about instant gratification. The Lord knows this, which is of course why I am being directed to wait. He's working on me. This is the reason that I NEVER pray for patience....He gives it to me.

So while I am not at a spiritual high at the moment, I do know that God is here. He's listening, and no matter how I feel, I know that He has not forgotten me. He loves me and He will answer me in His time, not mine.

So pray for me, particularly for my attitiude. And whatever you do, please don't pray for patience......

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

You are such a wonderful example Regina. I will be praying for you! Satan's working hard and that shows how close your relationship is with God. Don't take your eyes off God!

I am SO excited about seeing you in July! Do you think that Rachel and us and Greg Carroll can get together for dinner on that Wednesday evening and go to church afterwards? I know it's 2 months away but we'd love to see you. Drop me an e-mail and we'll get it figured out: theschwiet1s@yahoo.com