Friday, August 17, 2007

My name is R-E-G-I-N-A!!!!

Last weekend I made a trip to Ikea. I love Ikea...it's fun just to walk around and imagine all the potential that surrounds you. I personally LOVE to put all that stuff together...I think I get that from my daddy. Growing up he made building things an event...that's always sort of stuck with me ;o)

Anywho, back to Ikea. While I was there in Saturday I had to return something so I went to the Customer Service Desk. They usually give out numbers but were out, so they were taking names instead. Now I have a fairly simple name...Regina. I don't personally think of it as hard to pronounce. And you can clearly see that my name begins with an R...not a V!!

As my turn comes due, over the Store loud speaker I hear this...."VIRGIN!! You're next...VIRGIN!! Please come to the Customer Service Desk!!!" I immediately know that they have mistaken R-E-G-I-N-A for V-I-R-G-I-N. To top it all off, when I get up to the Customer Service Desk, the gentlemen at the desk says, "are you V-A-G-I-N-A??" I said, "NO, my name is Regina...that's R-E-G-I-N-A with an R!!".....

Next time, I'll just stick with Rose....I mean surely they can't screw that one up ;o)

5 comments:

Rachel said...

LOL!!! That is terrible!

Stephanie said...

That is too funny!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word Regina! That is so funny I am laughing out loud. Wow...I just really can't get over it. Thank you for sharing and for the laugh. I was just randomly reading tonight and just about to go to bed and needed something lighthearted and there it was! Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

That's very odd that someone could mistake words that don't sound or look anything like Regina! Too bad it wasn't your boss, you could sue and get millions, lol.

flee said...

How could I have missed this gem of a post????

I tagged you, go read my blog!