Monday, July 30, 2007

Bloom where you are planted

Bloom where you are planted...that's been my conviction of the day. The honest truth is, I haven't been blooming lately...I've given up and decided that I want to be somewhere else.

That's a terrible thing...I expect God to pick up and bless me with something new, when here I am having a bad attitude and expecting to be rewarded.

Tonight I was flipping channels on cable and I came across "Facing the Giants" of all shows. And I knew that this was God's way of speaking to me. He had a lesson that he wanted me to learn tonight...and I'm listening. Don't give up, and BLOOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED!!!

Right now, I'm planted in Chicago...thus I must make the most of it. If I cannot bloom and flourish here, what makes me think that a new bit of scenery will change anything. It's not about my surroundings, it's about my heart. And I've got to make sure that my heart is for the Lord, all the rest will come in God's due time.

1 comments:

Rachel said...

That is so hard to remember some times. Thanks for the reminder and I know you do bloom where you are in Chicago--even if you feel your heart is somewhere else.