Thursday, February 19, 2009

King size vs. Queen size

Ok, we currently have a queen size bed and have had since we got married. But my husband, bless his heart, is a SPRAWLING sleeper. He likes to spread out and that doesn't make for pleasant sleeping conditions if you happen to be the wife who is sleeping (or trying to) next to him.

So, with a baby on the way and the possibility of adding another sleeping body to our already overcrowded bed, we have decided to look in to purchasing a king size mattress. Not only will this allow me, the wife, to actually sleep without a knee in my back or an elbow in my nose. But it will make a bit of extra room for said baby. The goal being that we will transition sweet baby to their own room and bed before they are old enough to realize that they really like sleeping with mamma and daddy.

So this weekend the search will be on... I'll keep you up to date. I am REALLY hoping we can find a good deal and a comfy mattress. ... Cause honestly, I'm tired.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

You will get so spoiled with a king size bed. I won't sleep in another bed anymore! Plus, when you're in your 3rd trimester, you'll be getting uncomfortable at night and having a king size bed will be helpful...sort of! :)

Anonymous said...

You are so smart. When we got married we started out on a double bed, and when we went to buy our first mattress set together I insisted that a queen size would be plenty of bed for us. And it was fine for the two of us--but now two kids later (who are both afraid of thunderstorms) we desperately need a king size. Maybe next year! :-)

Congratulations by the way. Kori told me several weeks ago and I am very excited for you! I can't wait to hear if it is a boy or a girl.

Mindy S.

Rachel said...

We LOVE our king size! You will feel so blessed. I am one of those weird people who like to cuddle but when cuddling time is over I don't want to be touched to go to sleep. It is very hard for us to sleep on a queen. But a king, even with Jeremy's size, I can sleep and not be touched but still sleep with my man beside me! It is a blessed thing!!!

Miss G said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I didn't know! i haven't been over here recently but wish i had!!! ahhhhh!!!! I am just SOOOO excited! Wow! congrats!!! Kelly