Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Seasons

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed lately. With two under two I struggle with keeping up with housework, laundry and general household maintenace. And maybe it's just me, but when I get behind, I then get overwhelmed. I struggle with where to spend my time. Toilet rings are calling my name, as are the behemoth pile of laundry and the wood floors that never seem to sparkle as they should. It can really get to me if I let it.

I know there will be time to clean house when the kiddos are bigger, but I'm not someone who tolerates dirt and grime so well. You laugh, I'm sure, knowing that I have two under two....Dirt and grime is a way of life. But right or wrong, I feel like much of my identity is tied to how clean and organized my home is. I'm a stay at home mom, part of my job description is to take care of my house. And right now, I feel like I'm failing. Hats off to the moms who can do it all and do it well. Currently, I'm doing good if everyone has clean underwear and I can get dinner on the table.

But this is a season, and I know it will be over all too quickly. I love these babies so much and I want to savor this time with them. But boy is it hard not to feel guilty when I see the dust bunny in the corner.

1 comments:

Miss G said...

Glad to see you back and I know exactly what we mean but I want to remind you and me both that our identity is wrapped up in Christ, not in anyone's definition (even our own) of who we "should" be. Kelly