Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Romans 8:28

Ah, Romans 8:28. It seems to be my mantra over the past two, VERY stressful, weeks. "All things work together for good for those that love God, and are called according to His purpose." Two weeks ago today our AC died. We knew it was not long for this world as it was original to the house.... The house that was built in 1984. But knowing the day was coming and actually having it arrive are two very separate things.

We were not quite prepared for the $6000 price tag that comes along with a new unit. But in spite of the sticker shock, this broken AC was such a blessing. When the kind repairman came out to diagnose our trouble, he told us that we were lucky that it broke when it did. If we had run our heater this winter the unit would have been spitting out massive amounts of carbon monoxide. See, Romans 8:28...God uses all things. Here I was frustrated and upset about a broken air conditioner, but all the while my Heavenly Father was saving us from what may very well have been a tragic situation.

I never thought I would be so thankful for a broken appliance. I just love how our Father takes care of us. Many times, it's so hard to see His will..... It's not always quite so blatant as it was in our situation. But I know that no matter what, He has a plan. He has a reason for what is happening. And it may take months or even years for His will to be revealed, but just know that He will reveal it.

So now when I look at the bank balance sheet and see that our savings has been depleted, I know why. And come this winter when we're running the heater, I will praise God and thank Him for keeping us safe.

0 comments: