Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Prayer

Isn't God good! This morning as I was pulling out of the driveway and dreading the 75 ft drive down an un-plowed alley, I started praying...HARD. You see, there is about 2 ft of drifted snow in my alley and I drive a front wheel drive vehicle, not 4 wheel drive. From past experience, I know that this short little 75ft jaunt can be QUITE treacherous when snow is involved. I've gotten quite good at the front wheel "Rock". That's where you get stuck, and then proceed to "rock" yourself back and forth by switching from "drive" to "reverse" quite quickly.

Needless to say, I was a wee bit apprehensive as I got in to my car this morning to start that seemingly endless journey down the alley. Before I began, I stopped and said a heartfelt prayer to the Lord asking Him to bless my morning and to PLEASE let me get out without getting stuck. As He so often does, He answered immediately. I backed right out and then pulled forward in to the grooves in the snow and went on my merry way with no issues whatsoever. I was overjoyed and thanked Him profusely. How blessed we are as Christians to have a Heavenly Father to watch over us and to be there for us always.

I no longer have an earthly father, he passed away 3 years ago. And it was one of the hardest things I have ever been through. But in losing my daddy, I had to learn to depend on God in a way that I never had before. That loss brought me to a truly intimate relationship with my Heavenly Father. I'm reminded of Romans 8:28 which says, "And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose."

1 comments:

Donna Strachan said...

Thank you for teaching me all those years ago how to pray for what some people call "little" things, we know now that the way God answers us in the little prayers of life is only a tiny glimpse of how He holds tight and answers our huge prayers in the hard times. I love ya girl, keep up the blogging!! Donna