Thursday, February 15, 2007

This is the day that the Lord has made!

I woke up this morning literally singing that song. I think it may have something to do with the fact that Spring is just around the corner....and I could not be happier. The sun is actually shining today and teasing us with the promise of future warmth. By looking outside, you would never suspect that it is only 8 degrees.

I love that each season is distinct. As one season turns to another, I love to watch the earth awaken to the charm. Watching as Winter turns in to Spring is one of my favorite transformations. It puts me in mind of being Saved. We start out as a cold dead thing, grey of soul and without life, and then Christ comes along and fills us with Eternal life. Watching that process happen is as distinct in our lives as it is to the earth's change. How awesome is our God!

2 comments:

flee said...

Ok Regina...I think it is about time that you and I get to know each other better!! You are speaking my language girl! I'm so glad that you have jumped into the blog world. Donna told me about it today, so I thought I'd check it out.

I'll be in touch!

Felicia or flee

Anonymous said...

Gina! I am excited to read your thoughts. I love that you and Donna are both so vocal about praying for the "little" things! She has really encouraged me lately, by example, to pray for those things...like having a conversation with God. What a blessing. I look forward to reading!