Tuesday, February 13, 2007

SNOW

You know, I moved to Chicago because I really got a kick out of the snow. Growing up in Texas, I never really saw snow that stuck. Our version of snow was more the flakes without the accumulation. Now that I live in Chicago, I've gotten pretty up close and personal with SNOW. And today, I actually found out what a snow drift was. I found out.....THE HARD WAY. It just took walking out my door and off what I thought was the last step...only to find out that it was actually the 3rd form the last step. I sunk into a nice little snow drift up to my knees. And of course I had on my short snow boots. But you know, all I could do was giggle. I thought of what I must look like standing there buried up to my knees laughing at myself. And it only made me laugh all the harder. And then....I lost my balance. And yes......I fell flat on my rump in about a foot of drifted snow. And that caused me to laugh all the more. So, despite an inauspicious beginning, my day actually turned out quite okay.

1 comments:

Kori said...

I would love to live somewhere - for a while - that I could experience that kind of snow. Definitely the Texas roots. We want what we don't have. And though Arkansas gets a little bit, it's not enough to "drift". :-) Wish I were there to laugh with you!
love ya
Kori