Wednesday, July 23, 2008

We're moved in....sort of

Ok, so we got all moved in on Saturday....after FOURTEEN HOURS!!! Yes, you heard me....FOURTEEN HOURS!!! But honestly, we have a LOT of stuff. When I moved from Chicago, I purged a TON of junk, but my husband....bless his heart..he's a natural born pack rat. So, we've made a friendly call to our neighborhood Goodwill and they're going to be picking up the junk...and I hope that someone gets good use out of it.

And so now we're surrounded by a sea of boxes...there are boxes EVERYWHERE!! It's a daunting task to unpack all those boxes, but we've taken to just getting through one box at a time. Otherwise the sheer quantity is enough to do me in :-)

We've put up a few curtains so that we don't scare the neighbors, and we're slowly but surely making our beautiful house feel like a home. I'm overwhelmed sometimes with how blessed I feel. Here we are, newlyweds and we already have this beautiful home to live in. I'm so thankful and I praise the Lord for being faithful even when I'm not. He loves me in spite of myself...thank HEAVENS for that :-) ....otherwise I'd be up a creek.

Our hilarious little puppy is enjoying his new home as well....we had tried and tried to get Murphy to go up and down the stairs on his own, but he was just too scared. So the other night I put the leash on him and walked him up the stairs. Then Bill did the same and walked him down the stairs. So now our funny little puppy barks his way down the stairs...it's as if he's saying, "I think I can...I think I can". He's soo cute :-) I got it on video and hope to post it as soon as I can find my transfer cord. Sometimes I call him up the stairs just so I can watch him walk down them....actually he slides down more than walks...but you get the picture :-)

0 comments: