Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Life in Louisville.....


I wanted to start by including a few pics from our day. I was one of those brides who wasn't really keen on having a wedding.....and my husband was adamant that we were. So I conceded...since I knew it was so important to him....and boy am I glad I did. Our wedding day was SOOO incredibly special. It was full of laughter, tears and way too many sweet moments to count.
And now I've been a wife for almost 2 months...and I could not be happier. My husband is a true gift from the Lord. We recently finished up a Bible study called, "Love and Respect" by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs. This Bible study is a MUST for anyone who is married, engaged, or even dating. As a woman, I know how important love is in a relationship, but I never knew how important respect was to a man. In fact, to a man, respect is MORE important than love.....yes, you heard me right. To a man, his need for respect supersedes his need to be loved. Now as a woman, this is a foreign concept. We, as women, would rather be anything than unloved. We crave love like we crave breath. But that need does not hold true in the same way for a man. AMAZING!!! ....but true.
And as a woman, I didn't know what it was to respect a man, particularly my husband. I found myself acting in disrespectful ways without even realizing it. I could come across as disrespectful to my husband just by the tone of my voice...go figure. Don't get me wrong, I am by NO MEANS an expert...I mean I've only been married for two months. But we joined this study with several couples ranging in married lengths from 45 years to 2 years and they all said the same thing.....this study changed the way they spoke to one another...it changed their whole behavior toward each other.

So, if you get a chance...if you have a spare minute, check out this study....it's truly an eye opening experience.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Your wedding photos are BEAUTIFUL!!! Thank you for the study! I think I will definitely look into that. I want to treasure my man in anyway that I can! I am so glad you are enjoying married life! It IS great!!

Carrie Brown said...

Wow! You look beautiful! Congratulations! I am so happy for you both!!
Carrie brown

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We'll have to look into that study as well so Emily will learn how to be more respectful to me...just kidding! I'm very happy for you both.

Also, do you have any idea how to reach Sir James Banks? My contact info is outdated. Thanks!