Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Flea Markets and spray paint... OH MY!

Ok, so I've become a little bit obsessed with spray paint lately. Honestly, it's one of the best products EVER! It is simply amazing what you can do with a little time and paint.

We went to the New Years Day flea market here in Louisville... it's the largest one of the year and rightly so. It's held in the Expo Center downtown and admission is free... it was a great way to spend New Years day. We found one booth that held tables and tables of stuff all marked $2. I picked up a TON of nifty items. One of which was a set of wooden sconces that were ok, but they just didn't match my decor... enter spray paint. I went to Wal-mart and picked up a couple of cans of spray paint and WALLA! Beautiful sconces that now look like metal.. and that NOW match my decor. And I did all of this for less than $5... much to my husbands happiness.

Here are the finished sconces:














Well, since I had the spray paint out and ready I started thinking about the bedroom furniture in our guest room... and the fact that I didn't really LOVE the color. So you guessed it... SPRAY PAINT!! I went and picked up several more cans of the nifty stuff and Bill and I proceeded to "re do" our furniture. We spent the better part of two days applying coat after coat to our furniture, but the end result was worth it. Here's a pic of our handy work:














I will say one thing about spray paint... wear a mask and make sure that you have PLENTY of ventilation... But beware... even with a mask you might encounter the dreaded "black nose" ... See below:
We look like we've been playing football.... but even with the mess, it was ALL worth it.. and what a fun memory :-)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

How fun! They look great!

Carrie Brown said...

Regina!! Congratulations on expecting!! That is great news and so soon!!! I read about your craigslist purchase just now and I want to know where the picture is!! It is a little addictive, now if I need something, it is the first place I think of! Hey do you still keep in touch with Jamie Banks? I have wondered how he is doing but haven't heard from him in like 8 yrs or something. Anywhoo looks like you are doing great!! Can I put you on my blogroll??:):)