Thursday, March 22, 2007

A few of my favorite verses.....

I just wanted to share a few of my favorite verses. It has only been in the last year that I have truly begun to go to the scripture to find solace. I used to long for the desire to dealve in to God's word, but there always seemed to be something more interesting to read. This list is constantly changing, but these are the ones that are on my heart right now:

7"But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in Him. 8He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit." Jeremiah 17:7-8

20"Do men make their own gods? Yes, but they are not gods!" 21"Therefore I will teach them—this time I will teach them my power and might. Then they will know that my name is the LORD." Jeremiah 16:20-21

30"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is vain; but a woman who fears the LORD shall be praised." Proverbs 31:30

28"And we know that all things work together for good for those that love God, and have been called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

31"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

7 "The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple. 8The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes. 9The fear of the LORD is pure, enduring forever. The ordinances of the LORD are sure and altogether righteous." Psalm 19:7-9

26"You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, 27for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise." Galatians 3:26-29

11"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Regina, your posts have really been an encouragement. I am amazed when I see the ways that God has sustained you. He is evident in your life...and I am sure your father is with you and extremely proud. Blessed be the name of the Lord!

Donna Strachan said...

WOW!!! Ok, Beth Moore!! I think you seriously need to consider using your God given gift to write or be a speaker or something!! You have such an awesome way of sharing the Lord through your beautifully spoken words. I am so proud to call you my friend. God has completely transformed your heart and attitude! I love you so much!

flee said...

YO Gina...Regina...it's almost here! Donna and I are cooking up all kinds of plans...mostly they involve cooking, eating and watching movies, and probably LaShonda. I have a new somebody to let you hear....her name is LaCharelle. A friend of mine from Mississippi introduced me to her. So...we will see you soon....if the good Lord wills it.

blessings...flee

flee said...

i see you've changed your blog comments to only be enabled after you've read them......i guess you have me to thank for that! Hee..hee...so sorry and got nothin but love for ya!

Anonymous said...

People should read this.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!