Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Ides of March

Today is one of those days prime for reminiscence. This, the Ides of March, is the 3rd anniversary of having lost my daddy. I miss him everyday, but as the years go by and the ache begins to dull, I start to pinpoint those little things that I miss the most.

I miss his laugh....he had one of those chuckles that pulled you in and made you want to laugh too.

I miss his hands....he had a workers hands, rough and calloused, but his touch was always gentle.

I miss his wisdom....anyone who knew Tom Rose knew what a wonderful fount of wisdom he was. He always gave the most wonderful advice without seeming to direct you. He would simply give you his opinion and thoughts on any given situation and then let you make your decision.

I miss his hugs....he could squeeze you like no one else.

I miss his scent....daddy always smelled like outdoors and aftershave.


While I miss him, I know that he is safe in the arms of the angels and that I will one day get to see him again. Thank you God for that promise, thank you God for eternal life, thank you God for sending your Son to die on the cross so that I might live.

Thank you........

2 comments:

Lara said...

Regina,

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I'm sorry that we share a common struggle, but I'm glad God gives us an extended family with which to share our struggles.

I jumped to your blog to find out a little more about you and happened on this blog about your dad. I can certainly feel your pain. This October 8 will be 3 years for me. I can hardly believe that can be true. You never do stop missing your dad, I've decided. But the pain does lessen some--though sometimes the waves are strong enough to knock me down.

Again, thanks for visiting. I hope you'll keep in touch! If you're a friend of Rachel's, you're A-O.K. in my book!

Lara

Anonymous said...

Regina, what a wonderfully REAL memory of your dad x
You must have been his pride and joy and the love you shared shines through. I love you after a very short time so his love for you must have been immeasurable :o)
Love never ends!