Friday, October 12, 2007

Be still and know.....

I love that song. I love that song because it always seemed so foreign to me. Be still and know. I'm not really one to ever "be still". We live in a fast paced world where stillness takes a backseat to life. When do we ever just get to sit, and just be still for a while. Sit and reflect. Sit and simply listen.....

It's easy to lose ones essence when all around you is go go go. It's so easy to lose sight of that which is truly important. That which means something. I tend to lose sight of my priorities when I go too fast. My attitude stinks and my faith begins to suffer. All this because I don't take the time to sit, and be still. To sit and know that God is God.

I came across a wonderful verse today. Exodus 14:14 says, "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." Praise God! He will fight all our battles, He will renew our hearts and souls....we simply need to sit back and accept His help. There in lies the rub....the accepting part. But honestly, don't you ever tire of trying soo hard to do it all on your own. I do! It's soo tiring trying to keep it all together...trying to MAKE things happen. When all we need to do is be still, and let God do His job. Give ourselves up to Him and let Him take the lead.

When that happens, our lives get back on track...our attitudes are once again what they should be....and our faith once again becomes strong. It's an ongoing process.....but Praise God! He's faithful even when we're not. Relax and let God....

1 comments:

Robert Channing said...

Great post! This morning in class, we talked about resting in Jesus and how hard that can be for us at times. But how wonderful it is when we do! I love Ex 14:14...It's been one of my faves for a long time!